The Bilateral Agreements Division in the Foreign Trade Administration is in charge of Israel's trade agreements and of its economic and trade relations with the European Union. The division's duties include:
· Conducting feasibility studies of new Free Trade Area Agreements (FTAs) and assistance in the determination of trade policy.
· Maintaining and updating existing trade agreements.
· Initiating and managing trade agreements' negotiations of all types – FTA, standardization, services, government procurement, etc.
· Addressing problems relating to trade barriers and other trade issues.
· Maintaining trade relations and addressing various industrial cooperation issues with the institutions of the European Commission.